Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Prelude

Taking a business writing course has helped me develop my formal communication skills. These skills came in multiple forms. I learned how to more effectively analyze my rhetorical situation for example. The course also taught me who to improve my approach to research. It required me to develop and execute a project in a professional context. In order to do this effectively I first had to research an organization I was interested in serving. I then conducted interviews and explored the organization's web site. Another skill I developed was professional communication. Prior to the course I often spoke and wrote in an informal context; now, I appreciate when that is appropriate and when I should use formal language. The following are specific examples from each unit of the plethora of skills I employed and developed in this business writing course.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ironic...this was the background design of my first blog.